For those concerned about the coronavirus:
Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
by James Robb, MD UC San Diego
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.
2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.
I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
We hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us!
This product is borderline extraterrestrial, or almost beyond belief in it's effectiveness considering it's a spray. Now I keep a bottle at my work desk and in my day bag without fail. Being able to create a anti allergen free zone or field of purified and balanced environment around me gives me is amazing.
Helps to eliminate odors on fabric.
This product works!
The machine has giving us relief and most important clean breathing air.
The refills work just fine, and auto ship brings them just before needed. But can I recycle the plastic in any way?
I use to suffer terribly with my allergies. Eyes watering nose running like an faucet and when I awoke I would be all stuffed up. Taking allergy meds did not agree. I read the instructions and set my unit up in my bedroom around 3PM; went to bed at 10 PM. I noticed a pleasant smell to the air; went to bed. Usually I would wake up through the night with a really stuffed up nose. THIS NIGHT WAS DIFFERENT! I slept the whole night and when I awoke my nose was clear, no sign of watery eyes and chest congestion was gone...I could not believe it. My unit is on constantly and I absolutely would not be without. I love it. Will be buying another unit in a month or two for me and possibly another one for my beat friend who suffers the same allergy situation. Thank you!
Got a Biotica800 because I have been working from home now with everything going on. Between my dog, two kids and family running around and stuffed in the house I wanted our air to be as clean as possible. It has made such an improvement, THANK YOU!
The BetterAir Biotica800 is definitely a product that anyone with any type of immune sickness should have in their home. Using this product will ensure quality clean air and surfaces. Everyone in your home will breathe and feel noticeably better. It's easy to setup and can be placed almost anywhere.
Since I started using BetterAir Biotica800 in my home, it’s made a complete difference in the quality of the air. I have a dog and very allergic children. BetterAir worked on both these issues. Now my home always smells fresh and clean and my childrens’ allergies have improved. It’s design is very practical and attractive and the process is natural, safe and effective.
This product is absolutely amazing. Our family has been suffering with allergies for years now without relief. After using the BetterAir for over two weeks we were able to see major improvements. For under $400 this is a fantastic device and well worth it.
I was skeptical at first but all I can say is that this product makes a noticeable difference in the air quality in our home. A friend recommended it who swears by it, he was right. small price to pay for noticeably cleaner and fresher air.
Used to wake up with a sore throat but after using it for a week or so it went away. I was skeptical at first but no doubt about it. Money well spent. Definitely five stars.
Yesterday my husband (who suffers terribly from asthma & allergies) went to his asthma doctor for his semi-annual visit. The doctor was shocked at how well he is doing, said his asthma is amazingly under control. Guess what the only thing to change since his last visit is? Yep. BetterAir. I think we’ve had the Biotica for about 6 weeks now. That’s just amazing.