For those concerned about the coronavirus:
Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic
by James Robb, MD UC San Diego
1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!
What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:
1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.
Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.
2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.
3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.
4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.
I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.
We hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us!
Let customers speak for us
I was able to transfer the product to the canister that fits my machine without any issues. So far so good.....
Subscription is the way to go
I’m not gonna stop now. I have been using better air Biotica800 for two years now. My family has not been sick with Covid and the few times my kids did get sick, they recovered quickly. It’s a bonus. An extra layer of protection.
So far, so good. A bit complicated but I'm learning as I've gone along. With no guidance or help with the first units I purchased, your input and a newer unit has allowed me to understand how they work. The new units and instructions are an improvement over what I first received.
BA-1000Pro Refill Bottle
When first diagnosed with CIRS, I bought the machine from BETTERAIR. Faithfully used in my bedroom after having my home fogged to kill all mold spores. Didn't think I needed any longer, but then after a couple of years, had inadvertently moved a friends furniture in my home without thinking this friend had mold. Therefore, I was getting sick from breathing in the spores. Finally, I remembered the machines I had since my Mother had passed away and inherited hers so I ordered a fresh supply Of BA-008 refill cartridges. I could feel the difference after a week of usage.
My only regret is that my Mother's machine keeps stopping and I have to manually continue to turn the machine on and giggle it to work.
My order arrived on time and was received in excellent condition.
When I started getting headaches after spending a couple hours a day in one room of my house, I took everything out of the closet and found what appeared to be mold on the floor and baseboard. My husband took out the baseboard and carpet and sprayed the area with clove oil. I put the biotica in the room and waited a week or so for it to kill the mold. The biotica made the air smell fresh. And when I started spending my mornings in the room afterwards, NO HEADACHES! Thank you for making a product that cleans the air!
Hi should've bought the bigger one for travel but this one will work just fine. I like having the spray bottle - easier to take on trips.
Although these are pretty expensive, we find that they help immensely with our allergies. Having our allergies flare up, we checked the Biotica800 to find that the cartridge was empty. We ordered them and installed them after their quick arrival. Our allergies subsided quickly. We're convinced it helps.
Like them have got family getting them to
I find getting refill cartridges difficult. Your website does not come up on my computer
Ever since I have started using my Biotica system my breathing has been better and I feel great! Thanks